Our Unique Vision
Our “Vision” is a simple one. We have been commissioned, as have many similar outstanding ministries, to effectively train, certify and release men and women of God to reach our world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Throughout our Bible College Network, Bible Training Ministry, External Degree Programs, Consulting Services, and Restorative Counseling Centers we endeavor to hold up the arms of local pastors, increasing their effectiveness, reducing
their burden, building God’s Kingdom.
Goal & Objective
RISE goal is to disciple faithful men and women after the pattern of ministry. We desire each student to achieve excellence in the Lord. In line with our goals, RISE is obtaining academic and institutional recognition. Our programs are rich in spiritual content, Biblical study, and ministry training. To summarize, we are developing shepherds, warriors, workers, pioneers andteachers for the work unto which they have been called.
- To be completely committed to the authority of the Word of God.
- To train lay persons for leadership in the local church.
- To prepare the called student for full-time ministry..
Our Unique Vision
It is our belief that all believers are called unto Christ and are to be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ. This is not an instantaneous event, but a discipleship process. Therefore, Radiant International Seminary Ethiopia assists the local church in developing Christian education from new convert to Scholar. Our hope is that every student will integrate foundational, simple Biblical truths with other equally plain Scriptures to comprehend a deeper insight into the Word of God. Further, to increase one’s knowledge of biblical truths and develop his application of Scriptural truth.
It is imperative that a person grows in all areas of his or her life, even as Jesus did. He was balanced in the four major areas of life as seen in Luke 2:52; intellectual, or mental, physical, social or relational, and spiritual.
Intellectual – We are challenged by the Bible to study to show ourselves approved. We need to develop an appreciation for Biblical truths, knowledge of the same and practical insights which
positively affect one’s life.
Physical – We are whole beings. In order to fulfill our life in Christ, we must be conscious of the
temple God has given us. We must have:
• Proper rest
• Adequate nutrition
• Managed stress
• Moderate exercise
• Habits those are pleasing to the Lord, respectful of our temple, and an example to other believers.
Spiritual – The Lord has made us to worship Him in Spirit (heartily) and in truth. RIST desires to instill, motivate and enliven in the student a frame of mind and lifestyle of worship (with its numerous characterizations) as portrayed by the various biblical personalities, and means.
- We grow in the Spirit through:
Social – We desire to assist the local church in shaping the student’s Christian attitudes, valuesand interests. The student must develop a total Christian worldview:
1. Study of God’s Word, not by hearing only, he/she must actively apply what is learned intheir social environment (i.e., “love thy neighbor).
2. Value the Word of God, and actively apply the Word and the Holy Spirit to changemisbeliefs and perceptions into a positive Christian character.
3. The student will, through fellowship around the Word, worship of the Lord, sacrifice of one’s own needs for the greater good become an integrated individual with a love for his/her fellow man.